Wednesday, October 8, 2014

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (אם תתן עוגיה לעכבר)

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
My rating: 4 of 5 stars





Category: Hardcover (available in English and Hebrew)

Hebrew Title: אם תתן עוגיה לעכבר

Author's Name in Hebrew: לאורה ג`ופה נומרוף



Age: 1-6+ years

Synopsis: This is the first book in the series from the author of “If You Give a Moose a Muffin” and “If You Give a Pig a Pancake.” In this new classic, we meet the now famous (and quite שובב) mouse whose pursuit of cookies exhausts an ever accommodating, little boy.

Bilingual benefit: This book will warm the heart of a “cookie with milk” American child living abroad. The language flows well and the pictures are adorable. Like the Moose and Pig books, this book is a treat for toddlers, elementary school children, and new readers.

Availability in Israel: While the English version of this book is not available in Israel, it can be ordered online via Amazon. Although a Hebrew version was published in 1997 by כנרת, I have not yet been able to locate it and, thus, review it.

Previewing the book: The English version is available for preview on Amazon USA. In addition, I found someone reading the English version out loud on YouTube. (last checked 8/10/2014).

Lil guy: A regular read. Milk, please?

Mama: Highly recommended. I would buy this again and for a friend.

Bilingual Resources

Children's books available in both English and Hebrew

Finding English language books in Israel for toddlers

2 comments:

  1. I wish to show some thanks to you just for bailing me out of this incident. As a result of scouting throughout the the net and finding recommendations that were not helpful, I assumed my life was gone. Being alive devoid of the approaches to the problems you’ve sorted out all through this article is a crucial case, as well as those which may have in a wrong way affected my career if I had not discovered your site. Your ability and kindness in playing with a lot of things was valuable. I’m not sure what I would have done if I had not discovered such a step like this. I am able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot so much for the expert and effective guide. I will not hesitate to suggest your web site to anyone who should have assistance about this issue. https://lifeafterbugs.com/mice-rats/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I would very much like to purchase this book in its Hebrew translation. Is it possible to purchase it through yu and have it sent to me? Please let me know ASAP. I want to give it as a gift to a baby who was born yesterday. Many thanks, Noa Paz Wahrman

    ReplyDelete